Ingredients (makes around 12 cupcakes)
For the cupcake batter you will need...
110g of butter,
110g of caster sugar.
110g self raising flour.
1tsp of vanilla extract.
1-2 tbsp of milk.
For the icing you will need...
140g of butter.
280g of icing sugar.
1-2 tbsp milk.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180'c/gas mark 4.
2.Take a large plastic bowl and cream together the butter sugar, make sure they are creamed together not just mixed, I made this mistake. It might be easier to melt the butter/soften it beforehand to insure you can cream it together.
3. Beat the eggs in a glass with a fork then once beaten pour into the creamed butter and sugar.
4. To the mixture also add your 2tsp of vanilla extract.
5. Fold your flour into the mixture bit by bit making sure to fold, not mix. Also add the milk after the flour has all been folded.
6. Place your mixture into different bowls and recolour them with food colouring, this step is optional but me and my brother decided to do this so we wouldn't spend a lot of time icing,
7. Fill a cupcake tray up with paper cases, once done fill the cases with your cupcake batter.
8. Place into the oven for 10-15 mins, you can check when they are done by taking them out and poking a knife into the middle of one, if the knife comes out with batter on it means they aren't done so stick them back in for 2/3 more mins, If the knife comes out clean then voila, your cupcakes are baked.
For the Icing sugar all you need to do is beat the butter and sugar together and add one tbsp of milk (more if necessary) then recolour.
For decoration we used sweets and chocolates to achieve some cute halloween cupcakes, just mess around and create some yourself, most of all have fun, me and my brother had a laugh.
Thanks for reading.